Join the thriving team at Pearce Construction (Barnstaple) Ltd, a highly accomplished regional contractor and residential developer. We are currently seeking skilled Masons/Bricklayers and General Laborers to join our dynamic workforce.
Pearce Construction has secured a diverse range of projects spanning both public and commercial sectors, in addition to a robust schedule of residential developments for the upcoming year. These exciting opportunities are open to individuals of all ages.
As a Bricklayer at Pearce Construction, you will play a crucial role in the construction and renovation of structures. You will be responsible for laying bricks, concrete blocks, and other masonry units to create walls, arches, and various structures in compliance with architectural plans and specifications.
Masonry Work: Execute precise and aesthetically pleasing bricklaying and masonry work according to project requirements, ensuring alignment and accuracy.
Material Handling: Safely handle and transport bricks, blocks, mortar, and other construction materials to the work area, adhering to proper lifting and safety procedures.
Reading Blueprints: Interpret and work from architectural plans, blueprints, and drawings to accurately construct walls and structures, including estimating materials needed.
Construction Site Safety: Adhere to strict safety protocols and regulations, ensuring a secure work environment for yourself and your colleagues. Report any safety concerns or incidents promptly.
Quality Assurance: Maintain a high standard of craftsmanship and quality control throughout the construction process, rectifying any defects or issues promptly.
Collaboration: Work closely with other team members, including contractors, carpenters, and project managers, to ensure seamless project execution.
Tool Maintenance: Care for and maintain all tools and equipment, ensuring they are in good working condition.
Adherence to Codes and Regulations: Comply with building codes, regulations, and industry standards relevant to bricklaying and construction.
- Proven experience as a Bricklayer in the UK construction industry
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and understanding architectural plans
- Strong knowledge of brick types, patterns, and mortar mixing
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations and practices
- Physical fitness and stamina to perform strenuous tasks
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Driving license may be required for certain projects
- Competitive salary according to experience
- 22 days of annual leave & public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Paid travel allowances
- Enhanced SSP arrangements
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Comprehensive death in-service insurance coverage
- Potential for a discretionary annual bonus
If you are a skilled Bricklayer looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to high-quality construction projects and grow with a reputable company, we encourage you to apply. Join Pearce Construction and be part of our commitment to excellence in the construction industry.
Please reach out to Hilary Prouse at 01271 852123 for an informal discussion to explore the possibilities further.